Gas problems are a very common phenomenon among children. The reasons are many to count. But the most common reason is that their intestines are not well maintained as adults. It’s not the end. They can’t describe the feeling! Now the question is “how to know and what to do?”.
Well, we are describing. First of all, your baby becomes grumpy and cries for no reason. Secondly, the stool becomes loose and smells foul. That is how you can know your baby is an issue. There is nothing to worry about. It can be treated at home. There are different types also. Babies with jolly minds and feeding can also have a gas issue. But obviously, it is not a medical condition.
Babies with an ill digestive system suffer more from gas problems. They vomit more and their fussy behavior is noticeable. Happens! You have to do more laundry. That’s it. Just kidding! A formula for gassy babies can help you a lot. There are many formulas available in the market. We have selected some of them. Hope that it will ease your baby a lot.
There are thousands of formulas. We are describing those babies who have a sensitive digestive system. If you are already trying something and aren’t working, try something new from here.
What to consider before dealing with gas problems in babies?
This problem requires some changes to happen. Like-
Type of the formula:
Gas problems suddenly attack and most of the parents start finding immediate solutions. They change the formula. It is not necessary to switch in the gas problems solution formula.
Trust me. It is not always the sensitive digestive system. Sometimes parents feed the baby too fastly or slowly. Then babies gulp air with the formula. It also causes gathering more gas in the intestine.
It was said before that the mother who is feeding breastmilk to her child should avoid some food. In the modern era, it is not scientifically proven. It can cause a reduction in the milk-making formula.
Top 12 trendy formulas for gassy babies :
1. Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:
The most common reason for gathering gas in the tummy is the problem of digesting the protein properly. Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula is formulated with products that will help you reduce the gas and ease the crying baby. This product is clinically tested and a pediatrician recommended it. So, you can start using it without any second thought. If your baby already has a gas problem, you might have searched the product and seen the reviews. Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula is a well-known one among parents and pediatricians.
- Easy to digest protein
- Formulated with inositol and DHA
- Has an opportunity for sharing information
- Formulated with MFGM
- A great formula for stomach aches.
- Makes excessive foams
- Taste and smell differently
- Some customers criticize it for its excessive price.
2. Enfamil Nutramigen Infant Formula:
This product is completely hypoallergenic. You can use it without any bustle. Childs who have issues with cow milk like allergies and intolerance can also use it without a second thought. This product is not only used for the gas issue, the babies having discomfort and other problems can also have relief with this product. It is also feasible for those children who pass blood with stool. An amazing solution for Asthma, eczema, and other environmental pollution.
It has many enflora which help to strengthen the sensitive digestive system and build the epithelium lining of the digestive system. It also helps to reduce the commonly grown bacteria in the lining which causes many problems.
- This product is hypoallergenic.
- Have inbuilt enflora to reduce bacteria
- It will help to tolerance cow milk over time
- Easy to digest and break down into small parts.
- You may need to thicken corn solution sometimes.
- Some customers find it extra costly for daily usage.
- Smells funky. Some children may not like it.
3. Similac Pro-Total Comfort:
Similac Pro-Total Comfort is another product very well known for gassy babies. This is formulated as breastmilk and contains prebiotics which help to reduce gas problems and strengthen the immune system. Similac Pro-Total Comfort is made with hydrolyzed protein which is very easy to dissolve and works faster. Similac Pro-Total Comfort is loaded with options growth. This option is a special blend of vitamin E, lutein, and DHA. Essential for brain development and eyesight development. Made with sugar, soy oil, coconut oil. Similac Pro-Total Comfort maintains a high nutrition value and has a proper proportion of fat, carbohydrate, and protein.
- Does not contain plum oleic oil.
- The right amount and proportion of proteins.
- It is a lactose-free product.
- Use table sugar.
- Do not maintain any organic formula.
- Uses vegetable oil.
- Too foamy.
- Has a history of the product recall.
4. Nestlé NAN COMFORT 1:
Nestlé NAN COMFORT 1 provides high-quality nutrition. The main formula of Nestlé NAN COMFORT 1is whey. This whey is collected from cow milk. This product ensures your baby’s nutrition requirements and balances them. Mist of the formula for gassy babies causes constipation. But, Nestlé NAN COMFORT 1 is a gentle product and does not cause constipation. Many parents have given a good review. There is some caution too. You can’t keep the can open for more than 3 months. The ingredients used in it may become destroyed. So, you can start fresh with Nestlé NAN COMFORT 1 formula.
- Supports digestive health
- Well for growth
- Helps to develop brain
- Have probiotic L. reuteri to support digestive health.
- A well-known formula
- Does not contain artificial contents.
- Doesn’t remain usable after 3 months.
- Made from whey.
5. Similac Alimentum Hypoallergenic Infant Formula:
Similac Alimentum Hypoallergenic Infant Formula Is well known for the ingredients it uses. If your babies have a gas problem, you may come across many products. After using it, you will love it. It does not use any artificial growth hormones. Artificial hormones may help to grow your baby faster, but, in the long term, it is harmful. The protein Similac Alimentum Hypoallergenic Infant Formula use is extensively hydrolyzed milk protein which is easily digestible and good for reducing gas pain. So, Similac Alimentum Hypoallergenic Infant Formula can be a good and healthy solution for your sensitive babies.
- No artificial hormones are used.
- It is a hypoallergenic infant solution.
- Include DHA and ARA
- Ease colic problem
- Makes tolerable for cow milk over time.
- This product does not smell good.
- Babies might have smelly burps that irritate baby
- You need to buy from a trustworthy selling place. This product is often found before expiry dates.
6. Bellamy’s Organic Step 1 Infant Formula:
Bellamy’s Organic Step 1 Infant Formula is very well known because it is an organic-based product. Parents find it very supportive and have a good reputation. This product maintains the highest safety and uses qualified ingredients. Bellamy’s Organic Step 1 Infant Formula is loaded with DHA, ARA. It provides a full nutrition supply that is necessary for a baby’s growth. It is usable from birth. Baby’s of 6 months old can use it without any nutrition supply. It is sufficient for him. Bellamy’s Organic Step 1 Infant Formula does not use any harmful ingredients or artifice ingredients. In contrast, it is an organic product. You can give it a try without any second thought. If you do not find it essential, at least it Won’t harm your baby.
- It is an organic product.
- This brand has good fame.
- Customers are satisfied.
- It tastes better than other competitive products.
- This product is made in Australia.
- A bit more pricey than other brands.
7. Similac Pro-Sensitive Infant Formula with Iron:
Some babies have continuous diarrhea problems. Here we go. This product is lactose-free. Lactose is not the thing that makes diarrhea, but it awakens the system to reduce diarrhea. Similac Pro-Sensitive Infant Formula with Iron is lactose-free. So, the babies who want to uproot continuous diarrhea can use it for some days. Hope the result will be good. Furthermore, it is artificial growth hormone-free. And, it contains DHA which is blended perfectly. After all, Similac Pro-Sensitive Infant Formula with Iron has a good review with Customers.
- No artificial growth hormones are used.
- Have blended DHA and lutein
- Loaded with vitamin E
- Have probiotics which are essential for reducing diarrhea and colic issues.
- Constipation can develop sometimes.
- You have to maintain the water and formula ratio.
- Some babies feel worse after using it.
8. a2 Platinum Premium Infant Formula Stage 1;
a2 Platinum Premium Infant Formula Stage 1 is a unique one from the other brand. It contains naturally collected A2 beta-casein protein. This will help your baby’s natural digestion. Though this formula has a good reputation, many parents claim that after using the product the baby was a bit constipated. But, most of the parents say that they did not face any problem after using a2 Platinum Premium Infant Formula Stage 1. So, we can say that it differs from babies. You can give it a try with a2 Platinum Premium Infant Formula Stage 1. If it doesn’t suit your baby, you can switch it.
- Have beta-casein protein.
- Smells good
- Provides complete nutrition.
- Helps to build natural digestive support.
- Quantity is not enough for some babies.
- Many babies may develop constipation.
9. Similac Isomil Soy Powder Baby Formula:
Similac Isomil Soy Powder Baby Formula is a known soy-based product. This product is formulated as cow milk. Babies who have colic problems and a sensitive stomach will find it very helpful. Plus, the based products are helpful for eye and brain development. Soy-based formulas get isolated very quickly and help to reduce colic problems. Truthfully, Similac Isomil Soy Powder Baby Formula is a worthful product to try.
- Soy-based product
- Contains option which is essential for brain development.
- Unloaded with blended DHA, lutein
- Easier to digest than other proteins.
- Contains vitamin E as breast milk.
- Contains safflower oleic oil
- You have to use excess hot water.
- Check if your baby has an unknown Allergy to soy.
- Some babies develop constipation and firmer stool.
10. Mamia Gold Infant Formula Step 1:
Mamia Gold Infant Formula Step 1 is known for good values. Most of the gassy formulas are expensive but, Mamia Gold Infant Formula Step 1 is a reasonable one than the competitive brands.
- Comparatively cheaper
- Has a good review.
- Has a history of a product recall.
11. Enfamil ProSobee Soy-Based Formula:
Some babies find cow milk troublesome while suffering from colic problems. Those can use this soy-based product which will ease. Enfamil ProSobee Soy-Based Formula uses no dairy and no lactose which can resolve the infection source. Support the growing babies. It is more loved than other soy-based formulas. We think it is a product worth trying.
- Includes DHA and choline
- Aid brain and eye development
- Promotes body growth.
- Have a nutrition complete profile.
- The best alternative to dairy.
- Difficult to mix makes clumps
- Don’t use it if your babies have constipation.
- Some studies show that soy has phytoestrogens.
12. Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora LGG Hypoallergenic Baby Formula:
This product is a clinically proven product that can ease the sensitive stomach within 48 hours. It can prevent future allergies and eczema. Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora LGG Hypoallergenic Baby Formula is a lactose-free hypoallergenic product. It has flora bacterias which are essential for the gut. These bacteria help to digest high protein and help in easy digestion. Loaded with many vegetable oils like -soy, palm, coconut, and sunflower. This product has a 50/50 review. You will find many negative reviews, too. This 5 fl oz formula contains 100 calories. If you have issues with calories you count calories
- Unloaded with essential fatty acids.
- Contains DHA and ARA.
- Does not contain table sugar.
- Does not contain growth hormones.
- This product can reduce calcium absorption.
- Many customers find it too costly for daily use.
Frequently asked questions:
- How to reduce gas in infants?
Practice giving your baby a good latch. Mothers feeding babies very fastly can cause gas issues. Feed patiently and take time. Otherwise, your baby will gulp air while eating. When they start to suck air, stop feeding and start again.
- How can I ease the baby during gas problems?
You can simply put your baby on the tummy. Like the crocodile style. It will help to come out extra gasses and help to reduce pain. Do it after 30 minutes of feeding. It will comfort your baby.
- Can my diet cause my breastfed baby gas?
It is a very rare phenomenon. But if you think so, you can avoid Caffeine, Beans, Cruciferous vegetables
Onions, and green pepper. It is not a must.
- Do babies with gas problems scream?
Yes. It is often seen that a baby having a gas problem is shouting and crying. He may get tired while crying but won’t stop. Sharp burping is also seen. You can follow the tummy technique to stop them. Otherwise, see the pediatrician. He may help you.
Formula options for gassy babies:
- Traditional formula:
Most of the companies making baby formula use proteins and fat as much as they can make it with breastmilk. Yet it is still not the same.
- Formulas for gas and constipation:
Some babies can not tolerate the typical formula. Their milk should be loaded with different types of protein and fat. The formulas made for special purposes contain a label written to solve the ” constipation, gas and colic” issue.
Gas problems occur even in healthy babies. You might have seen having tummies in healthy babies. Well, it is not a major issue. Food sensitivities and intolerance can cause gas problems. If it is not the underlying medical condition, you can treat it at home. Some formulas, specially made to solve colic issues, can help you. But won’t uproot the problem. So, you can try the best one that suits your baby and ease him from gas problems.